The following policy affects all persons and organizations requesting the use of the CLAC.
By completing and submitting the CLAC FACILITY AND EQUIPMENT REQUEST FORM you agree that any damages that may occur to the facility and equipment during our program are your responsibility. In addition, you agree to clean up after the event and return all equipment and facilities in good working order. Failure to comply with this agreement will affect future bookings.
It is the borrower’s responsibility to ensure that:
- All access to the facility during the program is restricted to only authorized persons;
- All windows and doors to the outside are properly locked following the program;
- All CLAC special equipment is securely locked in the downstairs closet;
- All unused foods, beverages, supplies and related items are removed from the premises;
- All trash is properly collected, deposited in trash bags, and disposed of in the outside dumpster;
- All used charcoal is wetted, deposited in a plastic bag, and disposed in the outside dumpster;
- All unused charcoal is removed from the premises;
- All spent or unspent lighter fluid containers and other flammable materials are properly disposed of or removed from the premises; please do not store flammable materials anywhere on the premises;
- Special precautions are taken in the handling of cooking grease to eliminate spills in and around the premises.
Congruent with Rutgers Office of Residence Life policies regarding noise, the CLAC asks that all events conducted at our facilities (including outdoors; plaza) make every effort to isolate non-participants from uninvited noise intrusion.
Our noise policy is summarized here:
- Noise, particularly sustained, electronically amplified sound, must not be readily audible within the private living quarters of students residing on campus or in classes conducted in nearby buildings.
- The general noise level within the CLAC must be such that it does not interfere with the work of the staff.
- Sustained, loud noise originating outdoors but audible within the CLAC, residence halls or other University buildings will not be allowed.
- Noise emanating from within the CLAC must not be audible within any other hall or University building.
- No amplified sound at outside events without the prior permission of the CLAC Director.
As for specific hours and times:
- Courtesy hours are in effect 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Quiet Hours are in effect, Sunday through Thursday from 11pm to 10am.
- Quiet Hours are in effect on Friday and Saturday from midnight to 10am.
- 24-hour Quiet Hours are in effect during reading days and exam periods.
Note: if you are planning an event involving amplified sound, you are required to notify the CLAC Director of your intention at least two weeks in advance of the event. This will allow us enough time for notifications to be made to the Office of Resident Life, the Academic Dean, and the Rutgers Police when necessary. Failure to provide proper notification to the CLAC will preclude the user from using sound amplification at the event and may result in loss of use privileges in the future.