By Katie Cardoza, Communications and Human Resource Management Rutgers SAS 2015

During their senior year, most students take this time to prepare for graduation and are applying for jobs. During my senior year I took the time to focus on my internship. My internship this semester was at a fashion trade show company called Liberty Lifestyle and Fashion Fairs.

I started this internship in late August, and now it is coming to an end. This experience at this internship was very rewarding because I got to experience how to balance how it is to work in a fast paced high end fashion company while being in school.

During the start of my semester I thought that managing my internship and school work would be very difficult because these things both require a lot of time and dedication. I pride myself on getting good grades, and getting things done on time, and I did not want to lack in this department just because I had an internship in New York. Balancing both things I learned how to manage my time wisely, and it also helped me get an insight on how life would be like after graduation. After graduation I would like to get a job in the city in a fashion company while going to grad school as well. I was very fortunate to have been given the opportunity to be part of this internship because I got to learn the ins and out of how a trade show company works.

Also this internship allowed me to earn credit for my major in Communication. By taking part of this online course, I was able to reflect on my experiences and connect them to theories and concepts I have learned throughout my communication classes. I would definitely recommend anyone to apply for an internship and grab this opportunity to grow and experience what it is like to work for a company.

About the author